City Parks Reopening Plan
Reopening ScheduleUpdated June 4th, 2020
Review entire Parks Reopening Schedule - June 2020 (Updated June 4th)
The Monticello Parks & Recreation Reopening Schedule is only a guide and may change based on direction given by the Governor, Mayor, and or Monticello Parks Board. How we proceed from here will ultimately be determined by our actions as a community and how they affect the containment/spread of this virus. It appears that our area of the state is lagging behind on the Coronavirus curve. With that said, in most areas, our plan will reflect a delayed Governor’s plan and will move forward as follows.
- June 8th - Restroom facilities open to the public - This will allow time for seasonal park staff to be scheduled and restroom preparations for public use to be completed.
- June 12th - Basketball courts / sand volleyball courts to be opened.
- June 15th - Park playgrounds begin reopening as new surfacing is installed and initial cleaning of the playground equipment is completed.
- July 4th – Reservation of park facility and field usage to resume – A signed waiver will be required for organized activities & reservations.
- Parks programing will resume in July - Social distancing and face masks are required until further notice.
- Trails remain open – Face masks are recommended.
- Fishing piers and kayak docks remain open – Face masks are recommended while on site.