Press Release from the Office of Mayor Cathy Gross
Subject: Coronavirus and Flu Prevention The City of Monticello cares about our residents, employees, and guests.
The Coronavirus is a type of virus that includes symptoms of fever, muscle aches, fatigue, cough and shortness of breath. It will more quickly infect those that are already health compromised like older adults, those already sick, or anyone with a weakened immune system. Like most other viruses, it is spread through human contact. For this reason, practicing the following precautions could help limit your risk of exposure:
- Wash your hands, starting with your fingertip, often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Use hand sanitizer correctly
- Keep your distance - particularly from others who might be sick (6+ feet is recommended)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash; or cough or sneeze into your arm or shoulder
- Stay home if you don't feel well
- Call your health care provider and follow their instructions. If your health insurance has the option for Teladoc or other online capabilities, please take advantage of that service.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) the COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking water. Conventional water treatment methods that use filtration and disinfection, such as those in most municipal drinking water systems, should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
You can find more information at:
Indiana State Department of Health. https://www.in.gov/isdh/28470.htm
Center for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
We will continue to monitor the situation, and provide updates as necessary. We will also post updates on our city website: http://www.monticelloin.gov
Mayor Cathy Gross
City of Monticello Review and Download the Press Release