Below are the meeting agendas for the Board of Works and Council Agendas. Please feel free to download separately or review the document below.
Monthly Parks SchedulesClick to review/download February Program Schedule
Register for Programs Online
Register and Reserve Your Spot Today!
The Monticello City Parks Department announces its February Programs. Please register for each class. NOTE: Registration for the Winter Craft classes are made by contacting the Monticello-Union Township Library at 574-583-2665. For all other classes, register online here or call Cindy Isom at 574-583-4525 or the Parks Department at 574-583-3983 or leave a message. Most classes are free of charge, unless noted in the description. If you have general questions, please call Cindy Isom at 574-583-4525.
To Learn about each program click to review schedules and program flyers.
Current Parks Program Flyers
Updated on January 25.
AARP Indiana is showcasing the City of Monticello for their effort in bringing Mobile Integrated Health Services to our city through grants over the past two years. MIH assists older citizens to stay in their homes, provide health services to reduce senior hospital readmissions, and assist young women with maternity needs during the early months of a pregnancy.
AARP Indiana is encouraging the State of Indiana Legislators to pass SB 142, HB 1378 and SB 10 to require health plans to reimburse MIH services and create permanent funding for new and ongoing MIH programs across the State of Indiana.
Take a moment to watch this six minute video. It truly will make you proud to be of our community and our local public servants who not only touch you in a positive way ... but may touch the lives of many Hoosiers across our state.
During cold weather there is a risk that water lines in your home will freeze. With the windchills that are in next week's forecast, we are encouraging all citizens to have a small continuous drip of water running to prevent lines from freezing. This will help prevent possible damage to your lines or having to thaw out your lines at your cost.
The City of Monticello is releasing the 2024 City Council and Board of Works Meeting Dates and the City of Monticello Holiday Schedule. Please feel free to download separately or review the document below.
Monticello Lighted Christmas Parade Info & Rules Flyer
Monticello Lighted Christmas Parade Entry Form
The Rotary Club of Monticello & the Streets of Monticello Association announces the Annual Monticello Lighted Christmas Parade. The Parade will be held on Saturday, December 2nd at 6:00PM. Join us for the fun and excitement of the Monticello Lighted Christmas Parade!
Also, plan on making your business, church, club or organization a part of the parade. ( Click for Entry Form )
- Registration/Drop-Off will begin at 4:00PM at the Meadowlawn Elementary School parking lot, at the South Street Entrance. *Ohio Street will be closed.
- Entries must be in-line for the parade by 5:30PM
- Each entry will receive an “Entry #” to be displayed on the front, left side of your leading vehicle.
- Numbers will be collected when entries pass by the Judges Review Stand
- Judging will take place during the parade.
- Prizes will be given to the top 7-entries:
- 1st Prize
- 2nd Prize
- 3rd Prize
- Spectacular Sparkles
- Most Creative
- Judges Pick
- Mayor’s Choice Award
- Deadline to submit your entry is Wednesday, November 29, 2023.
- For safety reasons, NO THROWING of candy or other objects from moving vehicles will be allowed.
- ALL candy or objects must be HANDED to spectators from a walking volunteer.
- Santa Claus will have a place of honor at the end of the parade. NO other persons dressed as Santa or Santa figurines will be allowed.
- ALL vehicles MUST be decorated and display lights. *Headlights should be turned off.
- ALL walkers NEED to have battery-powered lights on them and stay with their floats.
- ALL animals/livestock entries MUST provide their own clean-up crew AND be on a leash
- Participants are responsible for cleaning-up any litter in the school parking lot.
- The Parade Committee reserves the right to reject any entry.
- Absolutely no unloading on any street. Unloading must take place in either the parking lot between the High School and the Roosevelt Middle School OR the Meadowlawn Elementary School parking lot.
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) has awarded the City of Monticello $1,000,000.00 from the Community Crossing Matching Grant Fund Program.
The grant allows the use of the grant monies for investment in road and bridge infrastructure programs. Improvements to local roads and bridges will bring about economic development, create jobs and strengthen local transportation networks for all of Indiana.
Current participating ECC members are:
- Boys & Girls Club of White County
- Childcare Resource Network
- City of Monticello
- Community Foundation of White County
- Monon Community Church
- Monticello Public Library
- North White Schools
- White County Commissioners and Council
- White County United Way
The City of Monticello is seeking qualified applicants for water operator. The Water Plant Operator will help the City of Monticello, IN continue to provide high quality water services to the citizens of Monticello, Indiana.
Applications and resumes are due on November 22, 2023.
The Streets of Monticello Association invites all residents to attend the annual Haunted Trail Hike. The Hike Festivities will be held at the Altherr Nature Park from 5:00 P.M. - 9:30 P.M..
The first Hiking Group leaves at 6:00 P.M. The last hike of the night will be at 9:15 P.M.
- Haunted Trail Hike
- Ghost Stories
- Roast S'mores
Other Food and Drink can be purchased. Follow signs for additional parking. Golf Car Rides will be available to Altherr Park from the Parking Lot. There will be a free will donation. The Haunted Trail Hike is co-sponsored by the Indiana Main Street Initiative, Indiana Office of Community Affairs, and the City of Monticello Parks Department.
Join Us ... IF YOU DARE!
Do you have questions or concerns about our city? Do you want your voice heard? Join Mayor Gross, the City Council Members, and City Department Heads at a Town Hall Meeting. Meeting Information:
What: The Town Hall Meeting
When: Tuesday, October 31st at 7:00 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
West Bays of City Hall
120 W Washington St
Monticello, Indiana 47960
Saturday, October 28thTrunk or Treat Poster - General Information
Trunk or Treat Participating Car Registration Form and Guidelines
- Downtown Trunk or Treat is a co-sponsored event by S.O.M.A. (Streets of Monticello Association), Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs, the Indiana Mail Street Initiative, I.U. Health and the City of Monticello. The Trunk or Treat Event will be held on:
- Saturday, October 28th from 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Entrance is located within the parking lot behind the Post Office and along Illinois St. between Broadway & Harrison St.
- Registration of participating cars now through Wednesday, October 25th
- Register early only 90 cars will be accepted this year
- Treats must be pre-wrapped and sealed (no homemade goodies this year)
- Be prepared to accommodate approximately 1000+ children.
- Registration Form and Guidelines
- Trick or Treat Hours from 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Only homes with porch lights on
- Parental guidance encouraged.