City of Monticello Mayor Cathy Gross is proud to announce the City of Monticello Small Business OCRA Grant Round 3 applications are now available. The completed application packet is due back no later than June 30 by 4:00 p.m. Businesses that have been established and operational within the city limits of Monticello since January 1, 2020 may be eligible for the maximum award amount of $10,000.00. This grant money is to be used for payroll, training, and operational costs.
The selection committee, formed with the Mayor, Clerk-Treasurer, City Council members, and the MRC, will consider whether applicant businesses have:
- demonstrated a commitment to the community, through the support of local youth or charitable programs, good corporate citizenship, participation in community and business support organizations.
- plans to hire, maintain, train or assist individuals who lost jobs or experienced economic hardship during the COVID-19 crisis.
- needs that have not been or are not anticipated to be addressed through other government assistance programs.
- made all reasonable efforts to keep employees employed during the recovery process.
- an industry sector particularly affected negatively by COVID-19 and public safety measures associated with the outbreak (for example retail, dine in restaurant, salon).
- are not franchise owned.
- a physical location within the city limits of Monticello.
- had 100 or fewer employees as of January 1, 2021.received funds in previous rounds of City or County grant/loan programs
- are Veteran, Woman, or Minority ownership.
or by calling 574-583-9889.