Freeman Low Water Level Warning
Shafer & Freeman Lakes Environmental Conservation Corporation (SFLECC) Issues low water warningSFLECC Press Release - August 28, 2020
Lake Freeman is under a low water flow warning! If you are boating on the lake be aware of submerged objects that may be dangerously close to the surface of the water. If you have watercraft docked on Lake Freeman be aware of the lower water levels and take appropriate action to protect your watercraft. Low lake levels may make many docks and lifts unusable.
At this time, the SFLECC is in the middle of a lengthy battle in the Federal Court system, with no new information as of now. Our actions, if successful, will benefit you and your family in some way, whether you are an SFLECC licensee, other Lake property owner, Twin Lakes area resident, business owner, or occasional visitor.
Unfortunately, we do not see the current situation improving until there is significant rainfall in our watershed.
What can I do regarding the lake levels?1. Be Careful!
- The water levels have dropped significantly, creating many hazards.
- Let them know the Endangered Species Act in which US Fish & Wildlife is enforcing is resulting in…in your own words describe how it is affecting your Lake Freeman experience.
- Explain your damages if you have any to your property and property value concern.
4. Learn about mussels in Lake Freeman
- US Fish & Wildlife has determined there aren’t mussels in Lake Freeman that are on the endangered species list.
- We have spent over a half million dollars fighting this battle against the US Fish & Wildlife and are now in the Federal Court process. If you would like to contribute, we need your help!
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.