City of Monticello Business Grant Announced
Application Packet1. City of Monticello Small Business Grant Overview/Information
2. Choose from one of the two following grant applications:
- Grant Application Form - Computer Fillable submission using Microsoft Word Compatible Software (DOCX)
- Grant Application Form - Printable for handwritten or typewritten submission (PDF)
4. Choose from one of the two following W-9 Forms:
- W-9 Form - Computer Fillable submission using Microsoft Word Compatible Software (DOCX)
- W-9 Form - Printable for handwritten or typewritten submission (PDF)
OverviewThe City of Monticello is proud to announce the City of Monticello Small Business Grant due October 2nd. Businesses that have been established and operational in the City of Monticello since January 1, 2020 may be eligible for the maximum award amount of $10,000.00. This grant money is to be used for payroll and operational costs.
The selection committee, formed with The Mayor, the Clerk-Treasurer, City Council members, and the MRC, will consider whether applicant businesses have:
- demonstrated a commitment to the community, through the support of local youth or charitable programs, good corporate citizenship, participation in community and business support organizations.
- plans to hire, maintain, train or assist individuals who lost jobs or experienced economic hardship during the COVID-19 crisis.
- needs that have not been or are not anticipated to be addressed through other government assistance programs
- made all reasonable efforts to keep employees employed during the recovery process.
- an industry sector particularly affected negatively by COVID-19 and public safety measures associated with the outbreak (for example retail, dine in restaurant, salon).
- are not part of a franchise network.
- have a physical location in the city limits of Monticello.
- had 20 or fewer employees as of August 1, 2020.
- received funds in the first round of City or County loans
- Veteran, Woman, or Minority ownership.
The Small Business Grant program has limited funding; therefore, not all grant requests may be approved at the level requested.
To review all documents including the information/overview and application, please click here.