For the families of Twin Lakes School there will be an extra food distribution from the Twin Lakes School Pantry on Wednesday, March 18 from 2:00 to 6:00 at Woodlawn door 4. Contact Patty Godlove cell (765) 543-9188 with questions.
For those who would like to support the TL Food Pantry, the most efficient and effective donation is money. You can donate to Food Finders Food Bank and for donation purpose, type “Twin Lakes Schools Food Pantry”. The funds will go into an account for our pantry. During these uncertain times, let’s together lift up our entire community. Link to donation page: https://www.food-finders.org/give/
The City of Monticello has opened a coronavirus information page. The purpose of this page is to:
- Provide City News concerning the coronavirus including press releases, event cancellations, and general public health and safety information.
- Provide key documents related to the coronavirus
- Provide links to Federal/State web resources on the coronavirus.
3/13/2020Press Release from the Office of Mayor Cathy Gross
Subject: Coronavirus and Flu Prevention
The City of Monticello cares about our residents, employees, and guests.
The Coronavirus is a type of virus that includes symptoms of fever, muscle aches, fatigue, cough and shortness of breath. It will more quickly infect those that are already health compromised like older adults, those already sick, or anyone with a weakened immune system. Like most other viruses, it is spread through human contact. For this reason, practicing the following precautions could help limit your risk of exposure:
- Wash your hands, starting with your fingertip, often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Use hand sanitizer correctly
- Keep your distance - particularly from others who might be sick (6+ feet is recommended)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash; or cough or sneeze into your arm or shoulder
- Stay home if you don't feel well
- Call your health care provider and follow their instructions. If your health insurance has the option for Teladoc or other online capabilities, please take advantage of that service.
You can find more information at:
Indiana State Department of Health. https://www.in.gov/isdh/28470.htm
Center for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
We will continue to monitor the situation, and provide updates as necessary. We will also post updates on our city website: http://www.monticelloin.gov
Mayor Cathy Gross
City of Monticello
Review and Download the Press Release
The City of Monticello is proud to present its new events calendar. The calendar lists upcoming events on our main web page and a more comprehensive listing inside. You will find:
- City Events (Council and Board of Works Meetings)
- Parks Events (Summer Programs)
- Twin Lakes Area Events (The Spirit of Monticello Festival and more)
This listing is mobile-friendly and each calendar can be added to your smartphone or desktop calendar by clicking the "Subscribe" button and following the prompt.
The community is encouraged to suggest an community-based, public event for addition to the calendar. Simply fill out the form and submit your event.
Review the Events Calendar Listing here.
Suggest an Event