Due to illiness, the Lighted Christmas Parade Art Show is cancelled. It will be rescheduled at a later date. Thank you for your understanding.
Do you have questions or concerns about our city? Do you want your voice heard? Join Mayor Gross, the City Council Members, and City Department Heads at a Town Hall Meeting. Meeting Information:
What: The Town Hall Meeting
When: Tuesday, November 29th at 7pm
West Bays of City Hall
120 W Washington St
Monticello, Indiana 47960
Monticello Lighted Christmas Parade Info & Rules Flyer
Monticello Lighted Christmas Parade Registration Form
The Rotary Club of Monticello & the Streets of Monticello Association announces the Annual Monticello Lighted Christmas Parade. The Parade will be held on Saturday, December 3rd at 6:00PM. Join us for the fun and excitement of the Monticello Lighted Christmas Parade!
Also, plan on making your business, church, club or organization a part of the parade. ( Click for Registration Form )
- Registration/Drop-Off will begin at 4:00PM at the Meadowlawn Elementary School parking lot, at the South Street Entrance. *Ohio Street will be closed.
- Entries must be in-line for the parade by 5:30PM
- Each entry will receive an “Entry #” to be displayed on the front, left side of your leading vehicle.
- Numbers will be collected when entries pass by the Judges Review Stand
- Judging will take place during the parade.
- Prizes will be given to the top 7-entries:
- 1st Prize
- 2nd Prize
- 3rd Prize
- Spectacular Sparkles
- Most Creative
- Judges Pick
- Mayor’s Choice Award
- Deadline to submit your entry is Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
- For safety reasons, NO THROWING of candy or other objects from moving vehicles will be allowed.
- All candy or objects must be HANDED to spectators from a walking volunteer.
- Santa Claus will have a place of honor at the end of the parade. NO other persons dressed as Santa or Santa figurines will be allowed.
- All vehicles must be decorated and display lights. *Headlights should be turned off.
- All walkers need to have battery-powered lights on them and stay with their floats.
- All animals/livestock entries MUST provide their own clean-up crew AND be on a leash
- Participants are responsible for cleaning-up any litter in the school parking lot.
- The Parade Committee reserves the right to reject any entry.
- Absolutely no unloading on any street. Unloading must take place in either the parking lot between the High School and the Roosevelt Middle School OR the Meadowlawn Elementary School parking lot.
Register for Programs Online
The Monticello City Parks Department announces the following October-December Programs. Please register for each class. To register call Cindy Isom at 574-583-4525 or the Parks Department at 574-583-3983 or leave a message. Most classes are free of charge, unless noted in the description. If you have general questions, please call Cindy Isom at 574-583-4525.
To Learn about each program click to review schedules and program flyers.
Current Parks Program Flyers
- 20220100 Family Gardening Class Flyer for 2022
- 20221100 Coming Events Summary - November & December 2022
- 20221108 Family Community Gardens: Year End Wrap-Up 7pm Tu Nov 8 - Family
- 20221110 Shiny Snowman Gourd 7pm Th Nov 10 - Adults
- 20221114 String Art Christmas Lights 7pm M Nov 14 - Adults
- 20221115 Christmas Wreath Quill 6pm Tu Nov 15 - Adults
- 20221115 Dried Orange Wreath 7pm W Nov 16 - Adults
- 20221129 Holiday Light Tree Quill 6pm Tu Nov 29 - Adults
- 20221206 Merry Christmas Crafts 6pm Tu Dec 6 - PreK to 2nd
Updated on November 4.
Monticello Fire Department B-Shift led by Captain Shane Swaim & Lt. Chad Walther volunteered at the Habitat for Humanity site Thursday. The team included Tyler Miller, Yaritza Shanchez, Captain Shane Swaim, Lt. Chad Walther, Aaron Miller, Ryan Hahn, and Trey Cobb.
Don't forget to winterize your rain barrel before freezing temperatures arrive.
- Disconnect the diverter from your downspouts.
- Drain the water out of your barrel.
- After it drains just leave the spigot open.
- Plug the diverter connected to your downspouts.
Saturday, October 29thTrunk or Treat Poster - General Information
Trunk or Treat Participating Car Registration Form and Guidelines
- Downtown Trunk or Treat is a co-sponsored event by S.O.M.A. (Streets of Monticello Association), I.U. Health and the City of Monticello. The Trunk or Treat Event will be held on:
- Saturday, October 29th from 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Entrance is located within the parking lot behind the Post Office and along Illinois St. between Broadway & Harrison St.
- Registration of participating cars now through Wednesday, October 26th
- Register early only 90 cars will be accepted this year
- Treats must be pre-wrapped and sealed (no homemade goodies this year)
- Registration Form and Guidelines
- Trick or Treat Hours from 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Only homes with porch lights on
- Parental guidance encouraged.
Help Wanted! The Monticello Street Department is looking for full-time seasonal help for Leaf Pickup. This job will last for 6-8 weeks. Please pick up applications at the Mayor's Office at 120 West Washington Street, Monticello IN.
On October 4, 2022 at 12:00pm (noon), Monticello Mayor Cathy Gross will read a proclamation designating October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Meet representatives from YWCA Greater Lafayette Domestic Violence Intervention and Prevention Program. Learn about their services and find out how you can help victims of domestic violence.
The proclamation will be read at the United Way Building. The United Way Building is now located at 402 Tioga Road, Monticello, IN 47960.
Trash Pickup will be collected on the regularly schedule day this week (September 5-9). There will not be a delay because of Labor Day.
Click to View all Flyers
Register for Programs Online
The Monticello City Parks Department announces the following September/Early October Programs. Please register for each class. To register call Cindy Isom at 574-583-4525 or the Parks Department at 574-583-3983 or leave a message. Most classes are free of charge, unless noted in the description. If you have general questions, please call Cindy Isom at 574-583-4525.
- Fall Water Fun: Wednesday Sept. 7th at 6:00pm - Anheier Building in City Park. PK-2nd Gr. Free.
- Mosaic Bird Bath: Thursday September 8th at 7pm - Anheier Building in City Park. Cost is $12.00.For Adults.
- Family Community Gardens: Tuesday Sept. 13th at 7:00pm - Community gardens on Hanawalt St.
- Broom Corn Swag: Monday Sept. 19th at 7pm - Anheier Building in City Park. Cost is $5.00. For Adults.
- Art in the Park-Quilled Fall Tree: Tuesday Sept. 20th at 6pm - Anheier Building in City Park. Cost $2.00, $5.00 if you buy a tool. For Adults.
- Equinox Rocks Jam-School of Guitar: September 22nd at 6pm - Altherr Nature Park Amphitheater. Free. All are invited.
- Principles of Flight: Monday Sept. 26th at 7pm - Anheier Building in City Park. For students 3rd through 8th grade.
- Pumpkin Basket Gourd: Wednesday Sept. 28th at 7pm - Anheier Building in City Park. Cost is $12.00. For Adults.
- Art in the Park- Quilled Fall Tree: Thursday Sept. 29th at 6pm - Anheier Building in City Park. Cost is $6.00. For Adults.
- Rocket Launch Day (See Principles of Flight above): Saturday October 1st at 9:00am - Voigt Park. Free. All Invited.
Updated on August 26.
Monticello Arts Beat is seeking original designs to create our 2022 White County collectible ornament! Designs must be aimed toward: "What does White County mean to you?" Submissions are to be a simple black and white design and must be submitted by 5pm EST on Friday, August 26th! Submissions can be uploaded through the link below! https://forms.gle/LBL8fDpHZMsiRoCSA
Join Habitat for Humanity of Lafayette to learn how you can be a part of Building a Home in Monticello!
When: Tuesday, August 23, 2022
Where: City Hall, West Bays at 120 W. Washington St., Monticello, IN 47960
Snacks and Dessert Provided!
The City of Monticello is honoring our City Pool employees. 2022 has been a record year for swim lessons and pool attendance. Monticello Mayor Cathy Gross presented Certificates of Appreciation to the City Pool employees for their service to the City. Scott Kubly, Pool Manager, received recognition for 43 years of service to the City Pool and Parks Department.
White County Indiana - Effective July 14, 2022. The White County Commissioners have declared a burn ban effective from July 14, 2022 12:01 am until July 21, 2022 12:01 am. This will be reevaluated on July 20th to determine if it needs extended.
In summary, the following activities are banned:
- Unpermitted controlled burns
- Burning of yard and household trash
- Burning of construction debris
- Burning of organic debris
- Discarding extinguished smoking materials of any kind on the ground or not within an enclosed fireproof receptacle.
- Non-commercial burning of material which is not contained in a barbecue grill, with a lid which is only opened periodically and constantly attended.
- The burning of any other open-air fires
- Fireworks of any kind, except fireworks displays by an entity having a permit issued by the Office of Indiana State Fire Marshall or displays sponsored by a White County municipality and supervised by a local fire department.