The selection committee, formed with the Mayor, Clerk-Treasurer, City Council members, and the MRC, will consider whether applicant businesses have:
- demonstrated a commitment to the community, through the support of local youth or charitable programs, good corporate citizenship, participation in community and business support organizations.
- plans to hire, maintain, train or assist individuals who lost jobs or experienced economic hardship during the COVID-19 crisis.
- needs that have not been or are not anticipated to be addressed through other government assistance programs.
- made all reasonable efforts to keep employees employed during the recovery process.
- an industry sector particularly affected negatively by COVID-19 and public safety measures associated with the outbreak (for example retail, dine in restaurant, salon).
- are not franchise owned.
- a physical location within the city limits of Monticello.
- had 100 or fewer employees as of January 1, 2021.received funds in previous rounds of City or County grant/loan programs
- are Veteran, Woman, or Minority ownership.