Updated Friday, September 18th at 8AM
City of Monticello Small Business Grant Overview/Information
2. Choose from one of the two
following grant applications:
Employee Income Form
4. Choose from one of the two
following W-9 Forms:
The City of Monticello is proud to announce the City of Monticello Small Business Grant due October 2nd
. Businesses that have been established and operational in the City of Monticello since January 1, 2020 may be eligible for the maximum award amount of $10,000.00. This grant money is to be used for payroll and operational costs.
The selection committee, formed with The Mayor, the Clerk-Treasurer, City Council members, and the MRC, will consider whether applicant businesses have:
- demonstrated a commitment to the community, through the support of local youth or charitable programs, good corporate citizenship, participation in community and business support organizations.
- plans to hire, maintain, train or assist individuals who lost jobs or experienced economic hardship during the COVID-19 crisis.
- needs that have not been or are not anticipated to be addressed through other government assistance programs
- made all reasonable efforts to keep employees employed during the recovery process.
- an industry sector particularly affected negatively by COVID-19 and public safety measures associated with the outbreak (for example retail, dine in restaurant, salon).
- are not part of a franchise network.
- have a physical location in the city limits of Monticello.
- had 20 or fewer employees as of August 1, 2020.
- received funds in the first round of City or County loans
- Veteran, Woman, or Minority ownership.
The Small Business Grant program has limited funding; therefore, not all grant requests may be approved at the level requested.
To review all documents including the information/overview and application, please click here.